From the moment you're granted admission to the Raymond A. Mason School of Business, you join a group of great thinkers and leaders and gain a powerful support system of people who will strive alongside you throughout your journey. Students must apply directly to the Mason School if they wish to major or minor in a business discipline, typically during the second semester of sophomore year due to prerequisites required within the program.
Our admission process is thoughtful, thorough, and competitive - we're looking for a diverse group of students committed to academic excellence, extracurricular involvement, and personal achievement.
- Academic achievement to date - proven grades, course load, difficulty of courses, and trends in academic performance.
- Personal attributes and life experiences that show resilience in the face of challenges, ethical character, openness to diverse perspectives, entrepreneurial and creative spirit, and collaborative ability.
- Strong communication skills exhibited in the student's application essay.
There's more than one path to your goal.
Discover an adaptable course of study designed to flex and bend to fit your needs. Choose to apply to be a business major or minor.
- Business major coursework has a comprehensive core curriculum, major-specific classes and the potential for further study through a concentration.
- The minors program lets non-business majors gain in-depth exposure to one business discipline.
Unless otherwise constrained by law, William & Mary is committed to providing an environment for its students that is free from discrimination based on any personal factor unrelated to qualifications or performance such as race or color, citizenship, national origin or ethnicity, ancestry, religion or creed, political affiliation or belief, age, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, parental status, height, weight, military service, veteran status, caretaker status, or family medical or genetic information. (Full non-discrimination notice available online at https://www.wm.edu/compliance/discrimination.)
NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT
Information about campus safety and security may help you in your decision to apply. The most recent Campus Security and Fire Safety Report for William & Mary, including the Virginia Institute of Marine Science, is available on William & Mary’s website for review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on campus, in or on off-campus building or property owned or controlled by the university or on public property within or immediately adjacent to the campus. This report is available online at: https://www.wm.edu/offices/compliance/university-compliance-requirement/clery/index.php or you may request a paper copy in person or to be mailed to you at no expense from the Office of Compliance & Equity, James Blair Hall, Suite 101, Williamsburg, Virginia, 23185, 757.221.3146.