“The excitement of learning separates youth from old age. As long as you’re learning, you’re not old.” – Rosalyn S. Yalow
Our Saturday Scholars Event, held March 18, 2011, brought new graduates as well as experienced alums together for a day of learning and networking.
Alumni from the Executive, Flex, and Full-time MBA programs gathered to learn more about sustainable consumption from Prof. Michael Luchs, how to effectively manage a crisis from Prof. Ed Felton, and from Prof. Deborah Hewitt, how political disruptions in Sudan, Tunisia, and Egypt may be connected to economic disruptions in the oil and commodity markets.
Participants, surveyed at the conclusion of the event, had glowing reviews of Saturday Scholars:
- "I appreciate programs that keep me engaged with my school."
- "Awesome! It was great to mingle with other MBA graduate classes. I really enjoyed the professor lecture series."
- "I thoroughly enjoyed the day and would absolutely not only attend again, but would encourage my fellow classmates to attend as well."
- "The event was extremely enjoyable and informative. I appreciate the opportunity to re-connect with two of my instructors. "
- "The Saturday Scholars Program was very well organized. Definitely a quality product."
The event concluded with a wine and cheese reception in the graduate lounge. The next Saturday Scholars event will be held October 1st in Washington, D.C. Details to follow in August.