Our committee is responsible for championing initiatives throughout the Raymond A. Mason School of Business that are both diverse and inclusive to students, alumni, faculty, staff, administrators, and partner organizations.
D&I Committee Goals
Our goals are to:
- Actively nurture an environment of diversity and inclusiveness where every individual is embraced, respected, and afforded the same opportunity to grow, to succeed, and to contribute to the Mason School's success.
- Actively engage with communities within the Mason School to promote educational efforts related to differences in race, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, socioeconomic status, political preferences, physical abilities, sexual identity, and sexual orientation.
- Foster the individual's desire to lead a life of Principled Achievement within and external to the Mason School which includes a personal respect for diverse communities as well as an understanding of inclusiveness as it relates to the greater-Business community.
Principles of Community
We believe that in order to uphold the mission, vision and goals of the Mason School, it is our collective responsibility to create and foster an environment that is inclusive and respectful for all. As global citizens, we encourage everyone within the Mason School community to embrace our values which at the individual level demonstrates
- Respect and responsibility for self and others
- A spirit of generosity
- A life dedicated to inquisitive learning and development
- An acknowledgment that an individual's own words, actions, and relationships show a commitment to these values
Diversity & Inclusion at the Mason School
Diversity & Inclusion at the Mason School is not limited to the activities of our committee. Every day, our students, alumni, faculty, staff, administrators, and partners are actively engaged in a range of initiatives that help our community grow, strengthen relationships, and better understand one another.
Explore our gallery to learn more about these efforts.