- Librarians can collaborate with faculty to provide business-centered library instruction, including training on databases, search strategies, and data literacy, to students.
- Librarians can tailor supplementary resources, including research guides, to meet class and/or assignment research objectives.
- Library staff can assist in the development of research strategies for your classroom assignments and research.
- Faculty members can place textbooks and other materials on reserve for students.
- Faculty members can place their own copies of materials on reserve or have McLeod items placed on reserve.
- We ask that a Reserve Form accompany any new reserves placed on reserve at McLeod Business Library.
- Reserve items check out for 3 hours at a time and are not permitted to leave McLeod Library.
- Access is available to approximately 30 databases for business and general research.
- Most databases can be accessed remotely with your W&M Username and Password.
- Business journals, magazines and daily newspapers are available on-site. Most periodical titles are available electronically.
- Additional periodicals are available via our electronic database subscriptions.
- Our Popular Book Collection includes both fiction and nonfiction and can be checked out for 28 days.
Research & Reference Assistance
Research FAQs - Research Guides
- Librarians can support your research; schedule a research appointment with us, or contact us to learn more.
- McLeod Business Library is proud to support faculty scholarship! If you have recently published, please let us know. We do our best to obtain and display copies of your work.
- Training/Group Work Room
- 6 tables, seating 5 each, all with 2 computer hookups to a 33" monitor
- 2 Bloomberg terminals for student use
- Overhead projector and white boards available for presentation practice
- Computer Access
- 13 computer workstations are available
- 15 individual study tables provide outlets for you to plug your laptop into the network and electric supply
- Wireless access available throughout the library