Request Library Research Workshop
- Librarians can collaborate with faculty to provide business-centered library instruction by teaching information literacy workshops, developing research strategies for your classroom assignments, and/or developing supplementary digital resources.
- Workshops may be:
- Synchronous via face-to-face or Zoom
- Asynchronous modules via Blackboard or Canvas
- Learning objectives can include, but are not limited to:
- Formulating research questions and scope
- Understanding information hierarchies
- Searching strategically for information
- Assessing authority and relevance
- Matching Business information needs with the appropriate information product
- Citing information as part of the scholarly discourse
- Faculty members can place textbooks and other materials on reserve for students.
- Faculty members can place their own copies of materials on reserve or have McLeod items placed on reserve.
- We ask that a Reserve Form accompany any new reserves placed on reserve at McLeod Business Library.
- Reserve items check out for 3 hours at a time and are not permitted to leave McLeod Library.
Business Databases A-Z (McLeod Business Library)
All Databases (W&M Libraries)
- Access is available to more than 50 databases for Business research, including WRDS, Investext, and Bloomberg
- Most databases can be accessed remotely with your W&M Username and Password.
- Many Business books, journals, magazines, and daily newspapers are available both online through W&M Libraries and on-site.
- Additional periodicals are available via our electronic database subscriptions.
- Our Popular Book Collection includes both fiction and nonfiction and can be checked out for 28 days.
Research & Reference Assistance
Research FAQs - Research Guides
- Librarians can support your research; schedule a research appointment with us, or contact us to learn more.
- McLeod Business Library is proud to support faculty scholarship! If you have recently published, please let us know. We do our best to obtain and display copies of your work.