Request Library Research Workshop
- Librarians can collaborate with faculty to provide business-centered library instruction by teaching information literacy workshops, developing research strategies for your classroom assignments, and/or developing supplementary digital resources.
- Workshops may be:
- Synchronous via face-to-face or Zoom
- Asynchronous modules via Blackboard or Canvas
- Learning objectives can include, but are not limited to:
- Formulating research questions and scope
- Understanding information hierarchies
- Searching strategically for information
- Assessing authority and relevance
- Matching Business information needs with the appropriate information product
- Citing information as part of the scholarly discourse
Faculty Course Reserves Requests
- Update: The Libraries are not circulating physical reserves (books, DVDs, printouts) for the fall, but we are able to digitize chapters or sections as well as short video clips for electronic reserves. Faculty members can request place textbooks and other materials on reserve for students.
Business Databases A-Z (McLeod Business Library)
All Databases (W&M Libraries)
- Access is available to more than 50 databases for Business research, including WRDS, Investext, and Bloomberg
- Most databases can be accessed remotely with your W&M Username and Password.
- Many Business books, journals, magazines, and daily newspapers are available both online through W&M Libraries and on-site.
- Additional periodicals are available via our electronic database subscriptions.
- Our Popular Book Collection includes both fiction and nonfiction and can be checked out for 28 days.
Research & Reference Assistance
Research FAQs - Research Guides
- Librarians can support your research; schedule a research appointment with us, or contact us to learn more.
- McLeod Business Library is proud to support faculty scholarship! If you have recently published, please let us know. We do our best to obtain and display copies of your work.