William & Mary Commencement
We are pleased to share that W&M has worked hard to develop a plan that will enable your family and friends to join you in this important moment. We also want to ensure you are recognized in a special way for this achievement. Therefore, W&M is now planning six (6) ceremonies over three (3) days to ensure that every graduate who wishes can have their name read as they cross the stage.
The ceremony for Graduate Business students (those in MBA, MAcc, and MSBA programs either residential or online) will take place on Friday, May 21, 2021 at 4:00 pm ET. A full schedule of the entire Commencement weekend is available here. The other five ceremonies will be divided by major/school.
- Each graduating student may invite up to four (4) guests to their ceremony.
- Students may register for tickets beginning April 1 (you will receive an email with instructions).
- Students who wish to participate remotely should also register so their names may be read at the ceremony.
- All ceremonies will take place in Zable Stadium (rain or shine).
- A traditional Walk Across Campus will precede each of the ceremonies, with degree candidates processing from the Wren Building to Zable Stadium for their graduation.
- In case of thunder/lightning, students will graduate in Kaplan Arena, but families will need to watch virtually due to mandated occupancy restrictions indoors.
- All ceremonies will be live-streamed for those who cannot attend in person.
- Departmental and cultural/affinity group celebrations will take place virtually, per the governor’s graduation guidance.
Further information about the Commencement weekend can be found on the website maintained by the Office of Student Affairs at www.wm.edu/commencement or by contacting your Raymond A. Mason School of Business Program’s office.
To help celebrate commencement we invite our graduates to take graduation photos in and around Miller Hall.
The outside grounds, gardens and courtyard are open for pictures at your convenience from dawn until dusk 7 days a week and through commencement.
To take photos inside Miller Hall we ask that you make an appointment by e-mailing our operations team with your name, contact information and day/time you would to take pictures at email@example.com Appointments are being scheduled from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm on Thursday May 20th and Friday May 21st. During the hours of diploma distribution, the inside of Miller Hall will be limited to graduating students only.
For more information or questions please reach us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
*No photographer provided and bring your own camera