PTMBA Application Deadlines and Requirements
Our priority is to set up our Executive MBA students for success - throughout the application process, inside the classroom and well beyond graduation as you embark on the next phase of your career
The Admissions Committee will evaluate the following elements of your application which indicate your potential success in the program:
- Future managerial and leadership potential communicated through personal statements, professional experience, and letters of recommendation.
- Your ability to thrive in a rigorous academic environment as evidenced by your past academic transcripts.
- Communication skills demonstrated through written application materials and Admissions interview.
- Community engagement/leadership
- $100 application fee waiver
- Eligible to apply for the Executive MBA Charter Scholarship
- An accelerated admission decision
- $100 application fee waiver
- Applications accepted if space is available for the cohort
- Complete Executive MBA application online. Application components include:
- 2 essays
- Contact information for two professional recommendations
- Current resume
- To expedite the application review process, applicants must submit an unofficial transcript. Note: unofficial transcripts will not appear as "complete" on the checklist until a candidate has submitted official reports at the time of enrollment. Please disregard this checklist status.
Once admitted, you will be required to provide an official transcript from your degree-granting institution(s). Upon receipt of the official transcript, the status will be updated in the application checklist. Official transcripts can be submitted electronically to Toni Sturdivant at [[m|toni.sturdivant]] via your institution's electronic vendor and using secure portals. A transcript sent directly by the applicant will not be accepted as official. Hard copy official transcripts can be sent directly from your academic institution or forwarded in a sealed envelope from you to the following address:
William & Mary
EMBA Admissions - Toni Sturdivant
Raymond A. Mason School of Business
Williamsburg, VA 23187
- Complete an admissions interview. Admissions interviews are by invitation only. You will be contacted by the Executive MBA Admissions Office to schedule an interview if you are selected by the Admissions Committee.
Eligibility & Requirements
- All students admitted to graduate programs at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business must have a conferred bachelor's degree from an accredited institution prior to matriculation.
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience preferred, with increasing levels of responsibility across your career.
- Official transcripts from all higher educational institutions attended.
- Online applications
- Personal interview
Contact Amanda Barth at [[m|amanda.barth]] or 757-221-2944 for more information.
Why we don't require GMAT or GRE
GMAT or GRE scores are always accepted and will be considered by the admissions committee in the decision-making process if received. However, in William & Mary's Executive MBA program, we believe that standardized test scores are not the only predictors of success - and certainly not for our executive level students who have multi-dimensional applications that point to many success indicators. Therefore, we do not require a GMAT or GRE score in order to apply.