Monica Chiarini Tremblay is an Associate Professor of Business at William & Mary's Raymond A. Mason School of Business. Dr. Tremblay received her PhD in Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems and a Masters in Information Systems from the University of South Florida, and a BS in Industrial and Systems Engineering from the University of Florida. Prior to joining William & Mary, Dr. Tremblay was the department chair of the Information Systems and Business Analytics Department at Florida International University School of Business. While at FIU she received the university wide Top Scholar award and several service and teaching awards.
Dr. Tremblay’s research is focused on data analytics and technology adoption and sustainability in the healthcare context. Some of her publications appear in Decision Sciences, Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, Decision Support Systems, European Journal of Information Systems, ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality, and Communications of the AIS. She has been the principal and co-investigator on several federal, state and private grants in the area of Health Information Technology including:
- "Evaluation of the State of Rhode Island HIE", Rhode Island Quality Institute
- "Evaluation of the Florida Medicaid Reform Demonstration to Deter Fraud and Abuse", Agency for Healthcare Administration
- "Use Case Stories As A Tool For Demonstrating Helpful Business Practices And Policies Of The Multi-State Implementation And Use Of Direct", RTI, as a subcontract for the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT, State Health Policy Consortium Project
- "Evaluation of Outcomes Through the Use of Electronic Medical Passports at Our Kids", Health Foundation of South Florida
- "Evaluation of the “Implementation of the Statewide Health Information Exchange (HIE) for the State of Florida", Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA)
- "Stakeholder Distrust as a Barrier to Health Information Exchange (HIE) participation”, HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) of North Central Florida
- "Using Knowledge Discovery Strategies to Identify Fall-related Injuries in the VA", Veterans Administration, Health Services Research and Development
- "Using Text Mining to Differentiate Between PTSD and Mild TBI in OEF/OIF Veterans" Veterans Administration, Health Services Research and Development
- "Consortium for Healthcare Informatics Research", Veterans Administration, Health Services Research and Development
Dr Tremblay served as a permanent member of the study session for the Health Information Technology section of Agency Healthcare Research Quality (National Institute of Health). She serves as the co-editor in chief of Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application (JITTA), a senior editor Production and Operations Management Journal (POM), an associate editor Decision Sciences Journal (DSJ), an associate editor Health Systems and is on the editorial board of the Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS). Dr. Tremblay is the President-Elect of the Association for Information Systems Special Interest Group on Healthcare.
Prior to her academic career Dr. Tremblay worked as a systems analyst at Exxon Mobil. She is fluent in Spanish and Italian.
Area of Interest/Expertise
- Health Information Technology
- Data and Information Quality
- Unstructured Data Processing
- Design Science Research