Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Technical Manager
Currently heading the Cyber Security Engineering (CSE) Team at SEI, a research center for the U.S. Department of Defense under the umbrella of Carnegie Mellon University. The team builds and pilots capabilities in defining, acquiring, developing, measuring, managing and sustaining secure software for highly complex networked systems and systems of systems. Our research materials are available that https://www.cert.org/cybersecurity-engineering/.
ImageWork Technologies Corporation, Consultant
Key engagements included:
- Managers for user acceptance testing of CITYTIME, a timekeeping application developed for New York City (NYC) to handle 160,000 employees in over 100 agencies.
- Designer of an electronic document management system for legal materials implemented by the Queens County District Attorney Office in NYC.
- Strategic Planner for the Administration for Children's Services, a $2B agency in NYC, integrating financial information among state, city, and agency financial systems.
Yale University, Project Manager
Architect and implementing manager for an integrated ID card solution to meet the dining, library, and campus access needs of the 10,000 students. Managed the developers supporting the financial University operations: payroll, personnel, purchasing, accounts payable, investment management, dining hall management, and facilities management.
Textron Lycoming (tank engine manufacturer), Financial Design Supervisor
Led a modernization effort to replace aging financial systems with up-to-date system packages.
- Ph.D., Information Systems, NOVA Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- MBA, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- BS, Mathematics, William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia