Alan B. Miller Hall
Contact: Neina Osibogun - [[m|neina.osibogun]]
Online Peer Tutor
Assist online graduate business students seeking help with academic content and providing guidance for students to develop course-specific study skills and techniques. Expectations of the job include:
- Tutor online graduate students in business study skills for select courses.
- Plan tutoring sessions prior to all meetings by being well informed of the subject matter and appropriate academic skills background materials.
- Assist online graduate students in gaining the skills, facts, concepts, and the confidence they need to learn on their own.
- Respond to correspondence and outreach in a timely manner.
- Submit online tutor reports upon the completion of tutoring session.
- Undergraduate or graduate Business student with cumulative GPA of 3.3
- Ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills
Students must have documentation necessary to complete I-9 employment verification.
Undergraduate Senior, Graduate Student
Hours Per Week:
Applications accepted on a rolling basis
Required Work Schedule:
Expected 10-30 hours per month, depending on student demand, typically in evenings and weekends to accommodate student schedules. Must have aability to meet with students in virtual capacity. This is an hourly position and total hours per week may not exceed 29 hours.
Be sure to use your wm.edu email address to access application.