Adjunct Faculty – Business Law (Pooled Position)
Alan B. Miller Hall; Williamsburg, Virginia
Contact: Mason HR - [[w|masonhr]]
The Business Law area at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business at William & Mary is recruiting a pool of adjunct faculty to teach one or more courses within the undergraduate and graduate programs.
William & Mary is a premier liberal arts university, chartered in 1693, and has long been considered one of the “Public Ivies.” The graduate business school has been recognized as a “Top-50” school by Business Week, the Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal. The University is situated in historic Williamsburg, Virginia and is within an hour’s drive of Richmond, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach. Washington DC is within three hour’s drive. More information about the school can be found on the web at http://mason.wm.edu/.
Adjunct faculty serve a vital role within the Business Law area and are valued members of the Raymond A. Mason School of Business and the William & Mary community. Under the guidance of the Area Head, adjunct faculty teach courses, facilitate course activities, provide students with timely feedback, and grade assignments and exams. Adjunct faculty are provided with professional learning opportunities and are invited to attend on-campus events.
Position duties include:
• Maintain frequent and open communication with William & Mary faculty and staff through email, mail, telephone, and any other medium deemed appropriate
• Review course content, activities, and assignments prior to the term start date
• Prepare a syllabus (with guidance from the Associate Dean and/or Lead instructor
• Coordinate course activities with the Associate Dean and/or lead instructor
• Meet all designated course instruction guidelines
• Provide students with timely and specific feedback
• Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner (48 – 72 hours)
• Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours
• Offer weekly office hours for individual or group consultation
• Communicate weekly with the Associate Dean and/or lead instructor
• Submit final grades according to William & Mary policy and the individual program calendars
• Submit end-of-semester feedback and reflection form
Selected candidates must demonstrate proficiency using the learning management system and knowledge of applicable policies and procedures by completing all required training and orientation activities prior to the term start date.
Please make sure your cover letter and CV clearly indicate how you meet the following required qualifications:
• M.L. or LLM or equivalent or J.D. or a closely related discipline.
• Expertise and relevant professional and/or instructional experience in Business Law or a closely related field.
• Previous experience providing instruction to adult learners in an academic or corporate setting.
• Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills.
Please make sure your cover letter and CV clearly indicate whether you meet any of the preferred qualifications:
• J.D. or other doctoral degree directly related to the discipline.
• Demonstrated excellence teaching.
• Previous teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
• Computer proficiency and experience using Blackboard.