"Following the success of Women's Stock Pitch & Leadership Summit, the Boehly Center sought to create another opportunity for students to develop their business, analytical and technological skills against real-world scenarios," says Todd Boehly, CEO Eldridge. "We appreciate the curiosity, thoughtfulness and time that these students have brought to the Data Feast competition, and look forward to the future of this event."
The Raymond A. Mason School of Business has been working with our partners at Eldridge to host our second annual Data Feast Case Competition that sits at the intersection of analytics and business.
Why Data Feast?
After benchmarking analytics case competitions across the country, we found that they tend to be either deeply technically focused or solely concentrated on business outcomes. In contrast, our dual presentation or "double pitch" model makes this competition truly stand out as teams are judged not only on their actual findings and technical summaries of real-world experiences, but on their presentation skills and business acumen. This competition aligns with our MSBA brand of educating students on how to communicate complex concepts and ideas, all the while translating their technical skills to solve real business problems.
- Anh Ninh: Professor of Mathematics
- Ayse Durukan Sonmez: Professor of Operations and Information Technology
- George Christopher: Director, Eldridge
- Patrick Scherder - Director, Services Leader at Tableau Software & Mason Business Analytics Board Member
- Phillip Wagner - Communications Professor
- Ashley Shaffer - Director of Strategy & Operations, The St. James
- Christer Johnson - Chief Analytics Officer at Healthfirst & Mason Business Analytics Board Member
- Danielle Diliberti - Senior Director, Eldridge
Business AcumenRead Competition Debut Article