What is the value of a MAcc degree?
The answer is simple. Accountants with a Masters degree earn on average 37% more than those who hold just a Bachelors degree. Couple this with a projected 10% increase in job growth over the next ten years and a Master of Accounting is the logical step to quickly amplify your career.
Why a MAcc from William & Mary?
"Accounting is one degree with 360 degrees of possibilities" - Denise Stanley, CPA, Ph. D.
Accounting majors: build upon your undergraduate experience, dive deeper into our curriculum by exploring one of our five areas of emphases while leveraging the William & Mary alumni network and our exceptional career services team in your job search.
Non-accounting majors: fast track your career, supplementing your undergraduate or graduate studies in liberal arts with the mathematical expertise required to pursue a job in accounting. A MAcc degrees amplifies a liberal arts background, providing a tangible way for you to leverage prior educational pursuits into a job.
"The program teaches you a variety of valuable skills that you normally do not learn as an undergrad," he said. "The MAcc program helps mature you into a marketable employee." - Marcus Badger
We are unique.
- Our program is open to both accounting majors and non-accounting majors.
- Our school has dual AACSB accreditation. Both the Raymond A. Mason School of Business and the Master of Accounting program each meet the rigorous national accreditation standards.
Need to know more? Let our numbers tell the story.
- You arrive to market with a professional degree in less than one year compared to a J.D. (2 years), MBA (2 years) or M.D. (8+ years).
- We offer two enrollment periods, in the fall and spring, providing you with the flexibility to begin your studies when it is convenient for you.
- Our program is ranked #4 in the country for small schools according to Public Accounting Report.
- We have five areas of emphases, providing you with a personally rewarding experience to become a subject matter expert in Academic Research, Audit & Assurance, Experiential, Taxation, or Valuation & Advisory Services.
- You will need to complete seven prerequisites to start the program. We offer six of the seven prerequisites during an accelerated two week Summer Boot Camp. You may apply and be accepted into the program prior to completing the prerequisites.
- Our average MAcc cohort size hovers around 100 students.
- You have access to more than 140 active, semi-retired, and retired senior business executives with experience domestically and abroad in over 30 different industries through our Executive Partner program.