Official academic record (transcripts) and diploma are required. If the documents are not in English, a certified literal - not interpretive - English translation must be included. Copies must be certified by the institution from which the degree was received. Documents certified by a Notary Public will not be accepted. Transcripts should include: Years of attendance, courses taken, grades achieved, degree, diploma, or certificate awarded (if applicable), date of conferral (if applicable).
- WES Evaluation: We do NOT require a WES evaluation at the time you submit your application. So long as the candidate's official transcript is provided in English from the university or the transcript is in English you will not have to submit a WES evaluation prior to enrollment.
- Grades/GPA: We receive applications from students located all around the world and understand that the 4.0 or A-F scale favored by American universities is not always applicable. If this applies to your school, please leave those questions blank on the application. Do not attempt to recalculate or translate your GPA. We will take these cultural differences into consideration when evaluating your application.
- Test Score Reports: Unofficial and self-reported test scores will be used for application review however coinciding official scores will be required for all matriculated students.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants must have a fluent command of rapid, idiomatic English and be able to express thoughts clearly in speech and in writing. If your native language is not English and you have not studied extensively in an English-speaking country, you must submit scores from the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Test System (IELTS). Scores should be sent to the Graduate Management School. For additional information:
- TOEFL www.toefl.org
- IELTS www.ielts.org
- Or, contact: Educational Testing Service TOEFL/TSE Services (609) 771-7100 (School code 7873)
Language Proficiency Test Waivers: We will waive the language test requirement only if you studied for at least four consecutive years in an English-speaking country and you completed your undergraduate degree during that time.
Academic Preparation of International Applicants
Applicants must have successfully completed the equivalent of a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree plus 12 years at the elementary and secondary levels to be eligible for admission. Please see below for country-specific information:
- Australia, New Zealand and South Africa: Bachelor's honours degree or bachelor's degree where standard of completion is four or more years of full-time study.
- Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka: All three-year Bachelor's degrees are accepted. Transcripts must include a photocopy of the diploma and/or degree conferral showing the date, location, and institution from which the official degree was received.
- Canada: Three-year bachelor's degree from Quebec; four-year bachelor's degree from all other provinces.
- France or French-patterned education system: Degree or Diplome requiring four years of post-baccalaureate study from a university or a grand ecole.
- Germany: University Diplom, Magister Artium or Staatsexamen. Graduates of Fachhochschulen and Berufakademien are not eligible. The Vordiplom by itself is not sufficient.
- Indonesia: Sarjana (five years) or SI, awarded after four years of university study.
- Mexico, Spain, Central and South America: Completion of all courses and thesis or professional exams required for the title or degree of Bacharel or Licenciado/Licenciatura.
- Switzerland: Licence, Diplome or Diplom; four to five years of university study.
- United Kingdom and schools following British pattern of education: Honours Bachelor's degree.