Corporate Finance is the bottom line for American business. In today's globally competitive and fast-paced world, financial problem-solving and innovative insight can mean the difference between corporate success and failure.
Our module in Corporate Finance will prepare you for a career in corporate financial decision-making, consulting and financial analysis. Professor Carl Tack goes beyond financial theory. The goal is to provide a deeper, more practical understanding of financial analytical tools and to improve your ability to interpret and analyze problems faced by corporate controllers, treasurers, CFOs, and their staffs.
Your experience will be enhanced by field trips to top-name companies and institutions like the Securities and Exchange Commission and Legg Mason Capital Management to the Export-Import Bank and CACI International. It's a great way to keep on top of what is going on in the industry and make good contacts.
The result -- true real-world insights and applications that will benefit your own bottom line -- a career in corporate finance.
Recent module Speakers
- Dan Mahoney, CFA, CPA, Senior Analyst-Industrials, Center for Financial Research & Analysis
- Steven Civera, Analyst-Industrials, Center for Financial Research & Analysis
- Rob Coble, Southeast Partner-in-Charge Transaction Services, KPMG
- Frank Knuettel, Formerly Managing Director, PaineWebber, Formerly Senior Portfolio Manager, Petroleum and Resources (a closed-end investment company)
- David Burris, Senior Vice President, SunTrust Bank
- Rik Rikkola, Formerly Treasurer of Ras Laffan Liquefied Natural Gas Company Limited, a multi-billion dollar liquefied natural gas start-up company in Qatar, 30% owned by Mobil Corporation
- Bob Mcknew, Formerly Managing Director and Co-Head, Global Capital Markets Group, Bank of America
- Chuck Ream, Formerly Chief Financial Officer of Anteon
- Randy Befumo, Co-Director of Research, Legg Mason Capital
Company and Site Visits
- Export-Import Bank
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- International Finance Corporation, and CACI International
- Legg Mason Capital Management
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Securities and Exchange Commission