It’s the most popular word in the business community – but what does strategy really mean? This session will provide an overview of the fundamental concepts of strategic management and how to execute these key elements effectively in your organization. Learn how to align strategy with corporate goals and better identify strategic issues and competitive landscape facing your organization. Come with your current strategy or a clean slate to build one of your own!
- how strategy will help improve performance
- what makes up an effective mission statement
- key models for general environmental & industry analysis
- what competitive advantage is/how it is created and maintained
Date and Time
November 2, 2018, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
ICPH Conference Center, 3225 Gallows Road, Fairfax, VA 22031
*Preferred pricing available if 3 or more register from same organization.
Price includes: course materials, lunch, beverages, snacks, and parking, CEUs available on request.
Associate Professor of Strategic Management and International Business
In addition to teaching Professor Allred's research interests include global competitive strategy and organization structure, the impact of national context on firm strategic focus and performance, and the management of technology and innovation.
By completing this program you will:
- Gain new credentials to enhance your career potential
- Increase your business skills and techniques and begin using them immediately in your organization
- Expand your professional network by interacting with other participants
- Increase your confidence as a leader in today's business environment
Who Should Attend
- Professionals interested in obtaining a credential from the second oldest college in the nation and one of only eight "Public Ivy" institutions in the nation
- High potentials seeking a stronger foundation in current business theory and practice
- Leaders who want to expand their knowledge of strategic management
- Technical professionals making the transition into management positions
- Entrepreneurs who are seeking to develop their organizational mission statement
No prior business skills or experience is necessary.
This is one of five sessions that comprise the Certificate in Business Excellence. The full certificate program covers five essential business topics critical to successful management that promote continuous growth and innovation for individuals and organizations. Contact us to learn how you can complete the entire program.
Phone: 757-221-2291 | Email: email@example.com