Alan B. Miller Hall
Contact: Elizabeth Eldredge - [[m|elizabeth.eldredge]]
Editorial Assistant for Marketing Department
The Raymond A. Mason School of Business at William & Mary is is looking for student interns to assist in cultivating news stories from activities happening across the William & Mary campus, as well as faculty research and thought leadership activities that can form interesting and informative news segments. This position will be tasked with creating short news stories in editorial formats consisting of 600 to 1800 words. Editorial submissions will run on Mason’s website, W&M, social media, newsletters, and occasionally picked up by regional and national news channels.
- Strong customer service skills and friendly disposition
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be a strong writer
- Strong writing skills and the ability to develop compelling editorial submissions
- Ability to write engaging spotlight and event summary pieces
- Experience with interviewing subjects for editorial quotation and context
- Experience or interest in the field of journalism
- Ability or interest in writing and producing news segments for other forms of media
Students must have documentation necessary to complete I-9 employment verification.
Hours Per Week:
September 7, 2021
Required Work Schedule:
Be sure to use your wm.edu email address to access application.