The MSBA program is designed to provide students with the following advanced business analytics and Big Data competencies that can apply to any number of job opportunities within the field of data analytics:
- Query relational databases using SQL
- Manage data using Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop, Amazon Web Services, and NoSQL
- Prepare data for analysis using data wrangling techniques
- Create data visualizations and dashboards with Tableau and packages for R and Python
- Perform descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analyses with basic methodologies including regression, logistic regression, time-series analysis, Bayesian methods, etc.
- Perform predictive, prescriptive, and cognitive analyses with a broad array of machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques including Neural Networks, Support Vector Machines, Smoothing Splines, Tree-based methods and Text Analytics
- Construct and execute prescriptive optimization models
- Analyze data with statistical software including R and SAS
- Write computer programs in Python and R
- Design, program, and implement heuristic algorithms in Python
- Conduct simulation analyses
- Distill strategic insight from analyses and communicate persuasively and clearly in managerial terms
The MSBA Program is accredited by AACSB and SACSCOC.