You're a do-it-yourself kind of person. You don't want to wait for others. You have great ideas for your own company or small business enterprise. All you need is some help getting there.
Look no further than our Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management Career Acceleration Module. It's the perfect avenue for exploring the creation of your own business, or operating and financing a small business enterprise.
We prepare you to tackle three particular areas. You learn how to create, finance, valuate, and manage smaller enterprises and new businesses. You get all you need to work with or manage the smaller enterprise or family business. And you thoroughly understand the strategies and structures of investing and financing through both venture capital and private equity sources.
It's a hands-on module, and intensive. You'll identify your own business concepts and write business plans. You'll present and defend those plans to a panel of possible "investors," consisting of our Executive Partners and other outside investors. You'll also work on a live case featuring real-world issues facing select companies, either locally or nationally.
Then we pour in continuous in-class participation by experienced guests, including our Executive Partners and community business leaders. You can even take advantage of the power of the Mason School's new Alan B. Miller Entrepreneurship Center, created in response to the tremendous interest in entrepreneurship at the Mason School.
Richard Ash and Ron Monark teach the module. Ash's impeccable qualifications include a lifetime of running and financing real-world concerns. He'll see that you get an unmatched real-world perspective and exposure.
Ron Monark has 25 years experience as Chief Executive Officer or Chief Operating Officer in information, transportation and manufacturing companies. He has also participated in five new business startups.
Going it on your own may seem daunting. But with the full force of our expertise behind you, your dreams will become reality.
Recent module speakers
- Dan Astin, Partner, Rosewood Partners RE Developers
- Charles Banks, Partner, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
- Kermit Buntrock, CEO, Buntrock Industries
- Robert Clay, Managing Partner, Three Chimneys Farms
- Ted Dintersmith, Charles River Ventures
- Mike Fitzgerald, Retired President, Nortel Networks- Dimensions
- Tom Frantz, Managing Partner, Williams Mullen Law Firm
- Tom Furst, SRI Intl.
- Bill Harlan, Harlan Vineyards
- Catesby Jones, CEO, Peace Frogs
- Kim Lopdrup, Sr. VP Darden Foods, CEO Red Lobster
- Bill Lyons, CEO, AXS One
- Peter Marcotullio, SRI International
- Harold Martin, Partner, Keiter, Stephans, Hust, Gary and Shreaves PC
- Eff Martin, Goldman Sachs
- Jeff McWaters, CEO, Amerigroup
- Alan Miller, CEO, Universal Health Services
- Bob Pavey, Morgenthaler Ventures
- David Rizzo, Partner, Idea Fund Partners
- Chip Roberson, Carneros Ventures
- Bill Rosenthal, Ignited Minds
- Mike Sahady, CEO, Avid Medical
- Jim Seba, President, Vicour International
- Mike Stakias, President, Liberty Partners
- Tom Sullivan, CEO, Lumber Liquidators
- Jessica Taylor, Google
- Kevin Tunick, Director of Private Equity Investments, University of NC
- Anshuman Vohra, CEO, Bulldog Vodka
- Ron Whittaker, CEO, Hyco International
- Nick Worth, Retired, Landmark Communications
Company and Site Visits
- Stanford Research Institute
- Harvard Management
- AVID Medical