Information about the new session starting on Tuesday, January 16
Welcome back to Williamsburg! We hope you had a wonderful, restful Winter Break and are excited to start the new semester. We wanted to take a moment to send some reminders that will be helpful to you as you prepare for the new Session, beginning on Tuesday, January 16. Since this email has a lot of information, the sections have been bolded.
- Martin Luther King Day – On Monday, January 15, the College and its offices will be closed for Martin Luther King Day. Miller Hall will be closed without swipe access or support staff.
- Class Schedule – Classes begin on Tuesday, January 16 at 8:00am. Faculty will start classes promptly at 8:00am, so please make sure you are settled at least 10 minutes before classes are scheduled to begin. Please see the First Year Google Calendar for the most up to date schedule.
- Syllabi & Blackboard – We have requested that faculty create their Blackboard and post their syllabi and book list. Please contact faculty directly with any course related issues.
- Section lists are in the attached Excel workbook that was sent to you via email. You can also see your section in Banner. You will be in your new Session C sections on Tuesday. Classroom doors will be open at 7:30am for you to locate your preferred seat. At the beginning of your 11:00am class on Monday, you will complete the seating chart to ensure that you are comfortable with your seating choice. Everyone should switch seats in this session. The core faculty strongly encourages you to sit next to someone from a different professional background, culture and team than yourself to enhance your community.
- Email – Please continue to send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org for the fastest response. The entire team can answer messages directed to that email account. Please do not write multiple staff members individually with the same questions as we want to provide the best and most expeditious response.
- Tent Cards - Please remember to use your tent cards in class whether your faculty ask for them or not. If you cannot locate your tent card, please email email@example.com and we can get another one to you.
- Gold Name Tags - To order a new gold name tag, please email the MBA Program with your preferred name, whether you are a joint degree student, and the year you will be graduating. Orders take between 2-4 weeks to process, and are $12 upon pickup.
- Session B survey - We value your feedback. Please take a few minutes to tell us what you think about your experience during this Session through the Qualtrics survey sent to you on Wednesday. We use student comments to help us improve the MBA Program experience.
- myMBA – Please continue to check myMBA as it is your resource for all MBA program information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments about the site.
- Ask the Staff – For your convenience, members of the MBA Programs Team will be in the Graduate Gathering area to answer questions that you may have every Monday from Noon – 2:00pm. If you have any questions outside of those times, please feel free to come up to Suite 2019 after classes. Our normal hours are 7:45 am - 5:00pm.
We look forward to seeing you all next week. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.
Carlane, Brittney, Michele, Patty, & Jennifer
MBA Programs Team