The Mason School of Business at the College of William and Mary hosted several of the nation's most prominent leaders in the commercial real estate industry during, “Reinventing Real Estate,” a conference held November 3-4 at Alan B. Miller Hall.
The event featured speakers who have distinguished themselves by meeting and overcoming challenges of the commercial real estate industry, including:
- K. Dane Brooksher, Founder and Past Chairman of the Board of ProLogis
- J. Allen Smith, CEO of Prudential Real Estate Investors
- Kenneth Himmel, President & CEO, Related Urban
- Carlos Evans, EVP, Wells Fargo & Company
- Glade Knight, CEO & Chairman of the Board, Apple REITs
- Pamela Liebman, President & CEO, The Corcoran Group
- Youguo Liang, Managing Director of Investment Research, PREI
Conference attendees also had the opportunity to network with peers during the event.
Students at the Mason School and real estate professionals from the Hampton Roads witnessed an unvarnished conversation about exposure to risks and how to more effectively step forward while being surrounded with a minefield of uncertainties in the Real Estate industry.
The Mason School of Business wishes to thank the sponsors for their financial support: Kaufman & Canoles, EMCOR Facilities Services, Williamsburg Environmental Group, Armada Hoffler, Williams Mullen, Prudential Towne Realty and TowneBank. We also thank partnering organizations Hampton Roads Commercial Real Estate Women, Hampton Roads Association of Commercial Real Estate and Urban Land Institute for their participation.
In the media
- "Real Estate Market Adjusting," Nov. 5, 2010, The Daily Press
- "Reinventing Real Estate: Conference Speakers talk about future trends," Nov. 4, 2010, Virginia Business
- Conference coverage from the Bryan Ellis Real Estate Letter, Nov. 4-6, 2010