- Prof. Kimberly J. Smith was honored with Steve Berlin/ CITGO Grant from the American Accounting Association.
- Prof. Howard Busbee named a “Super CPA” by Virginia Business magazine.
Economics & Finance
- Profs. Roy Pearson and Scott Swan study Port of VA's economic impact on the state.
- Prof. Mike Seiler: Change the listing price of your home by $1, and it may sell for thousands more.
- Prof. Gjergji Cici hits the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
- Prof. Deb Hewitt is the prominent expert featured in a Forbes column.
- Prof. Herrington Bryce publishes "Public policy rules and norms in choice of a nesting place of a social enterprise: firm or nonprofit?" with the Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy.
- Prof. Mike Seiler gives Keynote Speech at VA Assoc. of Assessing Officers Conference
- Prof. Mike Seiler shares insights on [real estate] pricing psychology in WSJ.
- Prof. Emeritus Roy L. Pearson has been reappointed to the Governor's Joint Advisory Board of Economists.
- Prof. John Strong answers the question: Should American Airline, US Airways merger be blocked?
- Asst. Dean Deb Hewitt appeared on Bloomberg TV to talk on emerging market.
- Asst. Dean Deb Hewitt appeared on WJLA in Washington, D.C. to talk about China and job growth.
- To fix our retirement system, perhaps we need a little advice from Australia, says Prof. Julie Agnew in Forbes.
- Asst. Dean Deb Hewitt appears on Fox Business News and Bloomberg Television.
- Asst. Dean Deb Hewitt comments to The Virginian-Pilot on the Chinese buyout of Smithfield Foods
- Mason School of Business Larry Pulley quoted in a Financial Times article on the upcoming challenges for business schools.
- Asst. Dean Deb Hewitt weighs in on a president's economic influence.
- Prof. Julie Agnew talks retirement savings in Australia.
- Asst. Dean Deb Hewitt on gas prices, global growth and energy.
- Asst. Dean Deb Hewitt interviewed on the evolution of the EMBA Program.
- Prof. John Boschen on parents and the first home purchase.
- Taking the Financial Initiative with Prof. Gjergji Cici.
- Prof. Gjergji Cici was interviewed by the Wall Street Journal on his study of the valuation of hedge funds.
- Mason Professors Gjergji Cici and Scott Gibson honored for best real estate paper at Cornell forum.
- Prof. Bob Stowers: Many cave under the pressure to spell well"
- Prof. Bob Stowers in Inside Business on leaving the ooohs and ahhs to the audience.
- Prof. Bob Stowers in Inside Businesson the right way to start your presentation.
- Prof. Bob Stowers in Inside Business Effective Pitching in Elevators.
- Prof. Bob Stowers on what speakers can learn from President Obama and Governor Romney.
- Prof. Bob Stowers on what every public speaker ought to do.
- Prof. Bob Stowers advises when to trust your gut.
- Prof. Bob Stowers on words you never want to say in business.
- Prof. Bob Stowers shares how team writing can work for all.
- Prof. Bob Stowers on the tone for writing for business.
- Prof. Bob Stowers: A writing "voice" is important to businesspeople.
- Prof. Bob Stowers: Humor is valuable in serious business situations.
- Prof. Bob Stowers shares the secrets of great presentations.
- Prof. Ron Hess talks about "hedonic shopping motivation" in Fortune.
- Prof. Lisa Szykman was interviewed by U.S. News and World Report on loyalty and mutual funds.
- Prof. Michael Luchs earned the Sustainability Inspired Product and Service Design award
- Prof. Scott Swan and Chancellor Professor of Business Emeritus Roy Pearson created a first-of-its-kind research study of a housing and redevelopment authority
- Prof. Lisa Szykman shares research insights on financial behavior with U.S. News & World Report.
- Prof. Larry Ring cited by the Cleveland Plain Dealer on toy sales.
- Prof. Michael Luchs, MBA studentspitch in to help fishermen.
- Prof. Michael Luchs: Green Isn't always the best— or is it?
Operations Information Technology
- Prof. Rex Holmlin shares the management secret for defeating a Zombie Invasion.
- Prof. Rex Holmlin shares the secrets of how to successfully finish any project or venture.
- Prof. Ram Ganeshan blogs on Taking Stock of Carbon Footprints
- Prof. Toyna Boone on sustainabilty and the fashion industry.
- Green can save a company a bunch, writes Prof. Toyna Boone.
- Prof. Ram Ganeshan blogs on search portals in India.
- Prof. Inga Carboni talks about why employees only favor the female supervisor 23% of the time.