In support of our Mission and Vision WAABA is guided by five pillar goals:
- Connect alumni to one another: To achieve this goal WAABA will bring W&M alumni together in a variety of initiatives, including the Small Business Network, Women's Network, WAABA events for current students (Welcome to DC and End of Summer Happy Hour) and our WAABA Annual Reception.
- Create lifelong learning opportunities: WAABA will continue to provide lifelong learning opportunities through our Business Trend Speaker Series, Saturday Scholars Program, Alumni Panels, WAABA Economic Forum, WAABA skills-based professional development programs and a potential mentoring program.
- Develop career opportunities for students and alumni: To improve hiring opportunities for current W&M students through establishing and maintaining relationships with a targeted (and expanding) list of companies based on size of opportunities, alumni base, company needs, and presence in the DC area. WAABA will also support W&M alumni who are job-seeking or career-transitioning. We will utilize our database resources, company outreach, company champion events and career counseling from W&M staff and related experts.
- Foster alumni participation in the classroom and on campus: We seek to increase educational opportunities for W&M students by bringing W&M alumni to campus through initiatives such as classroom speakers, brownbag lunches, etc.
- Utilize our communication infrastructure to support the W&M network: We continue to effectively communicate with W&M alumni in the DC area via a variety of traditional and social media channels and website.