What exactly do we mean by "Revolutionaries Welcome"?
- We are calling for those young, energetic thinkers who have yet to establish their power and authority – who see that things (the economy, politics, society, business, energy, etc) could work better if only clarity of vision and the will to lead could get a foothold.
- We are eager for the raw material in the form of open minds and motivated hearts – students who will learn the fundamentals, join the discourse, spew ideas, and have the nerve to push them forward in the face of great obstacles - the status quo, the power establishments.
- We want to be the beta site in which these young minds develop their ideas and further solidify their resolve to topple injustices, grow businesses, strengthen our economy, provide opportunity for others, heal our planet, or pursue whatever their individual dreams and aspirations.
- We are not interested in being judged by our peers, or in judging them. We desire only to effectively educate and nurture the next generation of business leaders in a challenging and collegial academic environment.
- We wish to seamlessly meld theory with practice and experience – through teaching, through example, through conversation, through trial and error and improvement.
- It is our job to innovate business education, to keep pace with the fresh innovative ways that business is conducted. Whether through the use of technology, the integration of ethical guidelines, the opportunities provided for interactions, synergies and influence – and to provide these things to those students who would put them all to positive purpose for themselves, for our country and for the world.
Our inspiration comes from the spirit of generosity and the William & Mary tradition to respond to higher callings of service and sustainable action.